Process for Verification of Marks:-
1. Students can apply for verification of marks by 15th January, 2016. Application will not be accepted after 15th January, 2016.
2. Scope of Verification:-
3. Verification fees of Rs. 150 /- can be paid online or by cheque drawn in the name of
IGNITED MIND LAB
4. Application should contain the following details:-
# If payment is made online at www.ignitedmindlab.com, above application is NOT required.
Just Login to your account and apply for verification.
5. Result of verification will be conveyed within 10 days from the receipt of application.
6. If a student doesn’t figure in the merit list but after verification scores equal or more marks than the cut-off marks for merit list, he/she will be eligible for Grand Finale examination.
7. On the other hand, if a student figures in the merit list but after verification scores less marks than the cut-off marks for merit list, he/she will not be eligible for Grand Finale examination.
8. Applications should be sent to the following address:-
Ignited Mind Lab
Office No. 29, Shoppe-Link, 1st Floor,
Dosti Acres, Wadala (E),
Mumbai – 400 037
Tel. No.: 022 – 24143077
Grand Finale Examination details:-
A. Eligibility & Fees
1. Students who scored equal to or more than cut-off marks will qualify for Grand Finale. The cut-off marks are as follows:-
Std. I – 295, Std. II – 180, Std. III – 180, Std. IV – 180, Std. V – 160, Std. VI – 160, Std. VII - 160
2. There will not be any additional fees for Grand Finale.
B. Venue, date & time
1. The Grand Finale examination will be held on Sunday, 31st January, 2016.
2. The duration of examination for all Standards (Grades) will be ONE hour.
3. Hall tickets will have all details of venue, date & time of examination.
4. Students do NOT have choice of examination centre or date.
C. Hall ticket
1. Hall tickets will be uploaded on website by 15th January, 2016.
2. Every student is required to get his / her hall ticket signed and stamped by the school authority. This is mandatory.
D. Syllabus, study material & marking system
1. The syllabus remains the same as it was for the first round of examination. We do not provide any additional study material / question papers for preparation. There is no additional model paper for Grand Finale. Students are advised to refer to earlier study materials and model paper for practice.
2. Paper of standard 1 will be of 300 marks while Std. 2 to 7 papers will be of 200 marks.
3. There will be a negative marking system for Grand Finale. Every wrong answer will carry half negative mark, i.e., for every wrong answer, ½ mark will be deducted.
4. Due to negative marking, it will be in the interest of students not to attempt question if they are not sure of answer. Guess work may not be a good idea.
E. Scholarship prizes, Ranking
1. First prize is of Rs. 10,000 /-, second prize Rs. 5,000 /- and third prize Rs. 3000 /-
2. For ranking and deciding prizes, marks scored in grand Finale will be considered. In case of a tie in Grand Finale, marks of the first round exam will be considered for tie-break and the ranks will be determined accordingly.
3. In case of unresolved tie for any position, the prize money will be recomputed for all positions and prize money will be distributed in such way that first, second & third ranker get prize in the ratio of 10 : 5 : 3 respectively. (e.g., if there are 2 students with rank 2, prize money of first and third rank will also be affected).
F. Other information
1. Students should write their seat no. properly and fill the circles correctly. Many students made mistakes in writing their seat nos. in the first round.
2. Students are advised to use extra dark pencil to fill circles in OMR answer sheet.
3. Students should not do any rough work on back of answer sheet. Some students scribbled on the answer sheet and back of it in first round. This will not be accepted in Grand Finale. Such answer sheets may not be evaluated.
4. Some students, who are not satisfied with their marks in the first round, have chosen to apply for verification of marks. If after verification, their marks are equal to or more than cut-off marks, they will become eligible for Grand Finale.