Mental Maths Competition
1. Mental Maths Competition is for students studying in Sr. KG to Class VII.
2. Students should register through their schools. Students can apply directly in individual capacity.
3. After enrolment, 3 workbooks and a model paper will be provided to prepare for the examination. The study material / worksheets are designed in such a way that students can study and practice on their own - without much support from parents or teachers. Learning on their own makes a great experience for them. Early success in problem solving enhances their self esteem and encourages them to solve even more challenging problems.
4. First round examination details:-
a. The examination will be held in the month of November / December.
b. Duration is 1 hour. Max. Marks 100 for all classes.
c. No negative marking for first round of examination.
5. Management reserves right to change date and/or venue due to unforeseen events.
6. Successful students will get certificate. Students scoring cut-off marks and above will be selected for “Grand Finale” which will be held on Sunday, 6th February 2022
7. Cut-off marks for Grand Finale :-
a. Sr. KG, Class 1 & 2 : No Grand Finale
b. Class 3 & 4 : 80 / 100
c. Class 5 - 7 : 70 / 100
(Irrespective of above qualifying criteria, affiliated schools may get wildcard entries).
8. Grand Finale key points:
a. Duration is 45 minutes. Max. marks will be same as first round.
b. Negative marking system:- Half mark will be reduced for every wrong answer.
c. Syllabus will be same as first round but with increased level of difficulty
9. Top three positions in Grand Finale will be awarded cash prizes -
a. 1st prize – Rs. 10,000 /-
b. 2nd prize – Rs. 5,000 /-
c. 3rd prize – Rs. 3,000 /-
d. Top 3 students from each class of the affiliated schools will be awarded Medals and Certificates of Merit. Direct applicants with rank upto 25 will be awarded Medal.
If there is a tie, first round marks will be considered to resolve the tie. If a tie for any position remains unresolved, ALL prizes for that Class will be recomputed and distributed in such a way that that First, Second and Third individual prize money is in the ratio of 10:5:3
Please note that there are no cash prizes for Sr. KG, Class I & II. Students scoring 95 and above in the first round will be awarded medals.
10. Fees once paid, will not be refunded under any circumstances. Admission is not transferrable.